Mark B. Sawyer
Embedded Systems Developer
Greater Detroit Area
Bio for Mark B. Sawyer
- Extensive experience developing
systems ranging from small embedded systems (handhelds and MP3 players), to mid-sized
portable systems (laptops, tablets and webpads), to desktops, consumer appliances
and high end systems (main frames and even a missile launcher).
- Experience includes hardware and software design, development, testing, diagnostics,
system integration and project management.
- Click here for a resume.
- Strong background in firmware development of embedded systems.
- Equally comfortable programming at the hardware level
or the application level, in assembler, C or C++.
- Experience includes hardware designs ranging from discrete hardware
solutions to small scale microprocessor based systems.
- Hardware design capabilities include all aspects of hardware development
including schematic entry, board layout, fabrication and debug.
- Extensive background in portable design and power management in battery
- Comfortable functioning as an individual contributor or technical lead
engineer, as a member of a team or with sole responsibility for a project.
- Possess a willingness to work with a project client or team to resolve design
- Committed to on schedule delivery of a fully documented and tested quality
- Received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Cum Laude,
from the University of New Hampshire, 1977.
Life member of Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society.
- Dynamic Resource Allocation Across Bus Bridges
- Motor Braking: Method and apparatus to electronically stop washing machine basket
The Early Years
First began programming in high school through the Kiewit Computation Center
timesharing system at Dartmouth College. Awarded a citation for writing and
documenting A Computer Program of Exceptional Quality while participating
in the Dartmouth Secondary School Computer Project in 1970.
- Biking with the family
- Books: Isaac Asimov, Steven King, John Grisham and Tom Clancy
- Music of all genres (Beck to Bach, Mozart to Metallica)
- Working out at the gym
Copyright © 2010 - 2017, Mark B. Sawyer, All rights reserved.
This document may not be modified without prior written permission.